Topaz for Enterprise Data
Data Visibility and Understanding
— Tim Grieser, Program Vice President for Enterprise System Management Software, IDC
Visualize and Manipulate Enterprise Data with Agility
Compuware’s Topaz for Enterprise Data is part of the Compuware Topaz suite of mainframe development and testing tools. It enables developers and data architects to discover, visualize and work with both mainframe and non-mainframe data in a common, intuitive manner.
Using Topaz for Enterprise Data, developers can use the:
- Data Relationship Visualizer to visually manage vast quantities of data objects
- Extract Visualizer to visually understand and tune complex related data extracts to create optimal test data
- Enterprise Data Editor to edit data with a single enterprise editor
The Value of Topaz for Enterprise Data
- Single data editor replaces multiple source-specific tools for browsing and editing data
- Helps next-gen mainframe developers as well as seasoned IT pros
- Increases application understanding through rich visualization of data relationships and data extracts
- Improves application quality with better testing scenarios, simplifying the task of creating complete data extracts
for testing purposes and accurately identifying the impact of changing pieces of data
- Increases data extract tuning opportunities through deeper understanding of the data
- Reduces project timelines by giving developers and testers more autonomy, yielding greater productivity
- Offers data for analytics projects
Key Product Features of Topaz for Enterprise Data
Single Data Editor
Topaz for Enterprise Data enables you to edit and browse DB2, IMS, SQL Server, Oracle and VSAM files with one tool.
Understand Complex Data Objects and Their Relationships
Users can view complex relationships and filter on just the objects that are important to them.
Visualize Related Data Extracts
Topaz for Enterprise Data allows the user to understand and tune related data extracts. Hot Spot filtering identifies potential problem areas in the extract and allows the user to tune the problem areas.