Identify, Resolve and Track Mainframe Application Faults and Abends
Abend-AID, Compuware’s mainframe application failure resolution and fault management solution, enables developers to reduce the tedious and time-consuming task of manually cross-referencing pages of recorded application memory information with pages of application code to understand why an application failure occurred.
Using Abend-AID, developers can:
- Identify errors and verify test results through a directory of all fault activity
- View the text of a statement causing an error and the contents of its related fields
- Clearly display data in storage and data being transferred between programs
- Identify field lengths and index values for multi-dimensional tables
- View source code for program logic
- Get richer, more complete insight into mainframe issues through an integration with Syncsort Ironstream® including a Splunk® app to help with analysis
The Value of Abend-AID
- Reduce the risk in changing critical mainframe applications
- Ensure mainframe application reliability and quality
- Detect errors earlier during development, allowing for a DevOps “shift left”
- Achieve service level agreements and MIPS reduction
- Reduce failure resolution time and negative impact on business due to backend mainframe errors
- Reduce developmentdowntime and time-to-market for new functionality
- Quickly resolve application failures with source-level analysis
Key Product Features of Abend-AID
Minimizes the Impact of Production Abends
Abend-AID uses unique Dump Capture Address Space technology to reduce overhead incurred by production faults in CICS and IMS regions
Formats Fault Information for Quicker Problem Resolution
This includes formatted source code, working storage, file/IMS/DB2/MQ information.
Provides Clear Next Steps When Dealing with Complex Problems
Abend-AID provides tool-level mentoring for your next-generation mainframe programmers.
Improve DevOps interaction with detailed trend and impact analysis reports generated by Abend-AID.