Increasing business demands …
Faster release cycles …
Increasing user expectations …
Exploding complexity …
… demand a new generation of APM
Poorly performing applications result in lost revenue and brand damage. Application performance management (APM) for today's applications face two major challenges:
1. Technology: The Application Delivery Chain
Applications are delivered via a complex application delivery chain that has become:
- mobile and distributed
- reliant on third parties
- increasingly complex and fragile.
There is an answer.
2. People and approach: The Application Performance Life Cycle
Traditional APM focuses on infrastructure. It can't see into these applications to identify performance issues and root causes. And it has no way of measuring what matters the most: the end-user experience.
Development, test and production teams are strained because:
- business demands are increasing
- applications are rapidly changing
- there are too many development/test iterations
- it takes too long to deliver and repair apps.
Traditional "throw it over the wall" approaches don't cut it anymore.
There is a better way.