Backup and Recovery (FDR)
- Provides full-volume and dataset backups and restores.
- Allows datasets to be restored in their entirety or selectively by data set name or VSAM cluster.
- Can print the contents of DASD data tracks including the physical layout of each track, physical record and key field.
- Can create a Stand Alone Restore (SAR), an IPL-able program to restore FDR full-volume backups when an operating system is unavailable due to hardware or software issues. The SAR can setup a new data center by restoring backups of volumes prepared at another site.
Automated Backup and Recovery (FDRABR)
- Automates the execution of FDR full-volume and data set backups and restores.
- A powerful suite of flexible and high-performance z/OS DASD backup and recovery tools.
- Suite includes capabilities for managing volume and incremental backup, application backup, data archive, migration, and space management
- FDRABR also includes FDREPORT for storage management reporting