- This event has passed.
Moving to COBOL V6? Here’s What You Need to Know
March 3 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
With 68 percent of the world’s production workloads running on a mainframe, the platform is being increasingly relied upon to support the demands of the Digital Age. Are your COBOL programs up to the challenge? If you’re not exploiting the latest version of COBOL, you’re wasting time and money—and you’re missing out on new optimization features and compile options.
The best way you can ensure your COBOL programs can fully support your business needs is to migrate them to COBOL V6, but there are things you need to know before making the move.
Join us for our webcast, “Moving to COBOL V6? Here’s What You Need to Know,” where we’ll discuss:
- The applications that will benefit most by moving to COBOL V6
- Which programs can be recoded and recompiled to at least V4
- New compile options that can help you identify issues before they go into production
- Debugging considerations under COBOL V6
- Using Strobe to show how programs perform better by recompiling to V6
- Using File-AID Load Module Analysis to identify potential applications to migrate
- Source support provided by Abend-AID and Topaz