APIs Automate Processes Across Multi-Platform Enterprises
- Large enterprises need to bring Agile/DevOps best practices to their mainframe environments—and integrate their new streamlined mainframe DevOps workflows with DevOps activities across their other platforms.
- REST APIs for ISPW enable users to create, promote, deploy and check the status of code releases using popular Agile/DevOps tools including Slack with Webhook notification, Jenkins, and XebiaLabs XL Release.
- APIs allow visibility into what is occurring on the mainframe so even non-mainframe programmers can run and monitor a deploy without having to have specialized knowledge about mainframe technologies.
- These integrations are important for DevOps teams seeking to achieve Continuous Delivery in multi-platform enterprise environments because they automate and streamline processes and eliminate time lags caused by manual steps and hand-offs between groups.
We currently have a tutorial for integrating ISPW with Slack. More tutorials will be added as they become available.
Integrating ISPW with Slack
Why – By integrating ISPW with Slack, notifications related to the success (or hopefully less likely, failure) of a code promotion or deployment are at your fingertips on any device you use to keep in touch with your team.
Concept – We will kick off our code promotion using the ISPW Web API. As part of this HTTP POST to CES, we will send information about our Slack and the content we want posted. When ISPW recognizes that the code promotion completed or failed it will notify CES, who will in turn notify Slack, using their custom integration.
Integration – To integrate ISPW with Slack requires four steps:
- Add a custom integration to your Slack instance
- Decide on a format for your message
- Build the API call
- Put it all together
Further details on using Slack
Integrating ISPW with Jenkins
Further details on using Jenkins