Compuware has partnered with AppDynamics to enable staff to more quickly, easily, and accurately resolve issues with multi-platform applications that use Mainframe DB2 as a backend database.
Customer-facing web and mobile apps at large enterprises often depend on mainframe DB2 databases. When these apps fail or underperform, the business can lose revenue, customers and even brand value. DB2 databases and associated mainframe code are often created and managed by siloed teams using siloed tools. So when DB2-related issues arise, cross-functional enterprise DevOps teams often struggle to get the information and insight they need to quickly identify and resolve root causes.
Now, through integration with Compuware Strobe, DevOps teams get direct access to essential DB2 diagnostics from their AppDynamics user interface, with context about a specific troublesome transaction.
How the Integration Works
The initial integration allows AppDynamics users to receive Compuware Strobe performance analysis when they discover a potential issue with a DB2 SQL call.
Benefits of this integrated access include:
- Fast, accurate identification and remediation of complex software execution issues in mixed mainframe/distributed environments
- Better DevOps collaboration across diverse IT disciplines by providing teams with shared access to a rich, granular “single version of the truth”
- Greater business agility from the ability to identify and modify problematic DB2 calls with greater speed and confidence—even as new code is continuously introduced into the production environment
- Revenue and brand value gains from reduced downtime and improved customer experience
- Mitigation of business risk associated with excessive dependence on increasingly scarce DB2 skills