Mainframe Developer Productivity
Improve Developer Productivity for System z Software
A generational shift is rapidly occurring in IT as the Millennial mainframe developers move into the workforce and take over responsibility for preserving and advancing System z software. Millennials need the best mainframe application development tools available for improved developer productivity and help them overcome their lack of familiarity with the platform to develop and maintain System z software on the mainframe.
Mainframe Application Development Tools
Compuware’s mainframe application development tools enable IT organizations to efficiently support critical System z software—from analyzing code and logic, manipulating files and securing data, testing and debugging, to pinpointing problems and resolving application failures, ultimately improving developer productivity.
- Accurately understand and manage complex COBOL and PL/I application logic without documentation to improve developer productivity
- Visualizations for a quick grasp of how a program is constructed
- Quickly identify code problems then correct before compiling
- Intuitive, accurate visibility into the flow of data within COBOL
or PL/I applications
Debugging, Code Coverage and Analysis
- Gain an intuitive understanding of application functionality and System z software
- Resolve production abends without impacting program logic or risking data corruption
- Decrease batch application deployment time and increase reliability
- Monitor and control execution with added flexibility
File and Data Management
- Use mainframe application development tools to quickly master mainframe programs and data
- Visualize and work with both mainframe and non-mainframe data
- Use mainframe data for mobile apps, Big Data analytics and testing
- Quickly master mainframe data and data relationships
- Quickly resolve failures with source-level analysis.
- Identify errors and verify test results through a directory of all fault activity.
- View the actual text of a statement causing an error and the contents of its related fields.
- Clearly display data in storage and data being transferred between programs.