The integration between Topaz Workbench and SonarLint enables developers to ensure COBOL code quality and adherence to standards—directly from within Topaz Workbench and throughout the mainframe application development lifecycle:
- On-the-fly code quality checks enable development to fix issues sooner before they become more difficult and more expensive to fix
- Code complexity can be minimized—making it easier to maintain and troubleshoot code over time
Automated Unit Testing
After cleaning up code issues flagged by SonarLint, leverage unit testing to validate segments of your COBOL batch programs. Topaz for Total Test easily automates unit test creation by utilizing data collected by Xpediter to automatically create unit tests, test data and program stubs.
- Focus unit tests to ensure code changes haven’t caused any unintended consequences
- Automatically execute unit tests as part of your Continuous Integration and Build Process
View trends, flag issues and verify integrated code
- Static analysis is achieved by automatically refreshing project source via Jenkins from ISPW, PDS and Endevor source code management tools
- Team leads and management can get holistic view of how their code base is evolving to understand code quality trends and progression over time
- Summary issues and hotspots across departments or technologies can be easily seen
- Mainframe application development activities with rich dashboards that provide visibility into individual, team and project code quality metrics.