Fault Management with Abend-AID
Abend-AID is Compuware's mainframe application failure resolution solution.
When an application fails, developers must manually cross-reference pages of recorded application memory information with pages of application code to understand why the failure occurred.
Fault Management with Abend-AID reduces this tedious and time-consuming task, enabling development personnel to tackle higher-priority work assignments.
Abend-AID: The Value of Fault Management
- Optimize resources by improving the fault-resolution process.
- Reduce application downtime and time-to-market for new functionality.
- Ensure application reliability and performance.
- Achieve appropriate service levels.
Abend-AID: The Benefits of Fault Management for Developers
- Quickly resolve failures with source-level analysis.
- Identify errors and verify test results through a directory of all fault activity.
- View the actual text of a statement causing an error and the contents of its related fields.
- Clearly display data in storage and data being transferred between programs.
- Identify field lengths and index values for multi-dimensional tables.
- View source code for program logic.
Break down IT barriers and solve problems faster
A lack of collaboration and the manual sharing of information can prolong resolution times and increase application backlogs. Compuware helps solve this age-old issue by uniting the tools used to find problems with those used to fix them. Using Strobe or Abend-AID, Operations and QA teams can quickly pinpoint the root cause of a mainframe application performance problem or exception. Operations will initiate a “fix request” right from their dashboard, which automatically gathers the contextual insights about the issue. The request is sent to the Compuware Workbench where Development will have a jump-start on re-creating, debugging and ultimately fixing the problem. Learn more by watching this short video.