Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Software
Leading IT executives today are taking the initiative to bring IT into alignment with business strategy and make it a powerful contributor to corporate goals. They must articulate to the executive team and even the board of directors how they are meeting this challenge. A “black box” approach to running IT is no longer acceptable, especially with IT accounting for a large and growing percentage of business investment.
In order to address business needs, IT executives need to work with their line-of-business counterparts to gain agreement on the effective use of the finite resources (people and financial) available, operate with transparency, collaborate on decision making and communicate IT value. They are also looking for new tools like project portfolio management to better manage the process.
In such a climate, businesses require a cohesive, consolidated understanding of their total environment and resources to make informed spending and resource decisions and communicate business needs and value to stakeholders.
In a single solution, Changepoint’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) software gives you end-to-end project and portfolio management visibility, allowing your organization the control it needs over applications, products, investments and projects.
IT Portfolio Management (ITPM) Solution Overview
Changepoint PPM software is a fully integrated IT portfolio management solution covering the full portfolio investment lifecycle. This integrated approach incorporates the disciplines of Portfolio Planning, Project Portfolio Management (PPM), Application Portfolio Management (APM) and the management of resources involved in all aspects of the portfolio lifecycle. Ultimately, Changepoint’s PPM solution is designed to function by seamlessly integrating the critical processes and data needed for effective IT management.
Changepoint's integrated IT portfolio management solution
Changepoint focuses on the unique characteristics of these critical areas with specific functionality, metrics and a collaborative environment to provide greater visibility into, and control of, the IT portfolio. Changepoint PPM software not only gives you more accurate oversight, but also helps bring information together through its integrated design to assist in decision making that takes the entire portfolio into account. Changepoint Accelerators for PPM are pre-configured packages that can put your organization on the fast track to delivering maximum value from your Changepoint investment. The solution helps you create a truly integrated IT organization, as a business within a business, to maximize IT value. Furthermore, it can be delivered effectively as a flexible SaaS enterprise software solution.
Project Portfolio Management for:
Information Technology (IT)
Manage critical IT investments within a single, integrated platform:
- Portfolio and Investment Planning
- Portfolio Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Application Portfolio Management
Learn more about IT Project Portfolio Management software.
New Product Development
Launching the right product at the right time is critical to a company’s bottom line. Get better visibility and control of your new product development (NPD) process.
- Transforming Ideas into Revenue Generating Opportunities
- Release Planning
Learn more about Product Portfolio Management for New Product Development.
When your product is your people, knowing how to leverage them, as well as your processes and technology, is critical to success.
- Resource Management
- Demand Management
- Project and Budget Management
- Financial Management
Changepoint’s Project Portfolio Management for Professional Services provides visibility into key portfolio lifecycle processes.
Learn more about Services Portfolio Management.
Changepoint’s PPM solution is designed to seamlessly integrate the critical processes and data needed for effective IT management. As no two IT organizations are exactly the same, Changepoint Project Portfolio Management is configurable to your specific needs. Changepoint PPM allows you to deploy a solution to support your organization’s unique reporting, business process and security needs. Key features include:
Understanding the client’s perspective of their business is a powerful view. From the basics of knowing key contacts within each client organization to more sophisticated information gained from client scorecards that measure satisfaction across all services offered, IT leaders can leverage this information to communicate value back to their line-of-business colleagues and help set and guide objectives for their IT resources. Changepoint’s client collaboration tools include:
- activity tracking and status updates
- online collaboration and discussion forums
- client self-service and request initiation through a client portal
- client internal-activity histories
- measurement of client satisfaction across all interaction with IT.
Changepoint IT Project Portfolio Management provides automated and integrated capabilities for time reporting, allowing IT managers to view reports for expended hours by request, project, application, resource or client. Changepoint helps IT managers track actual costs and cross-charge line-of-business clients with:
- time tracking against both project and non-project work
- compliance measurement and reporting with automated reminders
- multi-level configurable approval workflow
- offline time reporting using a mobile device such as a smartphone.
By helping you accurately define, monitor and measure performance, Changepoint enhances the overall performance of your most valuable asset: your IT staff. Valuable performance metrics significantly improve your ability to provide targeted mentoring and training, detailed performance plans, and timely employee recognition and awards for jobs well done. Changepoint empowers employees to understand and take action guided by performance metrics that directly affect their continued success and the success of the IT organization as a whole with:
- predefined metrics in key areas such as time submission, task status and approval compliance
- individual and team-based employee performance results, visible through role-based portals
- integrated survey management capabilities to drive metrics that measure peer and client satisfaction.
Changepoint’s knowledge management functionality lets your organization create a corporate learning community where process, industry or customer-related knowledge is stored and searchable for easy sharing between key stakeholders. In addition, line-of-business collaboration is provided through a web-based client portal to facilitate information sharing, request submission and feedback opportunities. Additional capabilities include:
- document management with version control
- support for rich data types and full-text searches
- topic subscription and notifications
- integration with third-party knowledge and collaboration products.
Changepoint’s workflow management capabilities enable IT managers to define, automate and trace process workflows. Changepoint automates resource-intensive processes allowing you to define, implement, assign, execute and change workflows — delivering flexibility and repeatability to all IT work with:
- a web-based graphical design tool for creating simple or complex workflows
- visibility into workflow for participants
- notifications for workflow participation sent to the portal
- predefined workflow steps (such as approval, action or the issue of a survey) to build business process.
With survey management you can leverage integrated survey capabilities to gather information from subject matter experts; track and monitor client satisfaction continually with services levels at the team, system or individual resource level; and rate employees and teams on their performance. Survey management from Changepoint PPM also allows you to:
- gather qualitative information to support better decision making
- provide continuous feedback to employees on their performance
- track client satisfaction with applications, projects and services.