Compuware APM Raises the Bar on Application-Aware Network Performance Monitoring Intelligence
Ground-breaking Analytics for Citrix, Oracle, SAP and Web Applications Delivers Unprecedented Insight and Troubleshooting Speed
DETROIT--June 25, 2013--Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq: CPWR), the technology performance company delivering a new generation of APM, today announced breakthroughs in Application-Aware Network Performance Monitoring (AA-NPM) and User Experience Management (UEM), delivering solutions that provide deep insight into the correlation between network and application performance, and how the network contributes to user experience.
Compuware APM empowers IT operations teams to immediately isolate faults that impact application performance and end-user experience across web, middleware, database and network tiers – including unique insight into proprietary “packaged” application environments.
Compuware is extending the industry’s most complete solution for Citrix, Oracle E-Business, SAP and other applications by delivering new application-intelligent analysis that provides precise performance analysis with automatic recognition of individual business transactions and user names in real-time.
New Compuware APM capabilities for AA-NPM and UEM include:
- New Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Analysis: Auto-identify individual users, applications and transactions, and correlate performance to the supporting network infrastructure. Compuware APM uniquely correlates the Citrix traffic on the front-end to the back-end application to help IT teams identify who where and why users are facing performance issues.
- Extended SAP Analysis: Fully SAP-Certified, Compuware APM auto-discovers SAP transactions and users, providing IT teams with the immediate understanding of how application and infrastructure issues throughout the SAP landscape impact user performance. With increasing usage of Secure Network Communications (SNC) to encrypt transactions, only Compuware APM maintains visibility with SAP T-Code precision with the industry’s only SNC support.
- Enhanced Oracle E-Business Suite Intelligence: Automated multi-level reporting presents information that reflects the performance of the Oracle E-Business Suite, identifying business processes that suffer from network quality issues or server response issues. Auto-discovery of individual users and transactions are presented with actionable error reports for Oracle Forms and web interfaces.
- Integrated Synthetic Monitoring: The “outside-in” performance monitoring provided via the Gomez Performance Network is now directly integrated with AA-NPM and UEM dashboards, delivering an end-to-end view of performance and availability.
- Mobile Application for APM Insight: Compuware APM’s AA-NPM and UEM dashboards are now available on iPhone, iPad and Android mobile devices, giving IT teams real-time access to status notifications and all key service metrics anytime, anywhere.
At Open Dealer Exchange, downtime isn’t an option. “At all times, performance issues must be identified, analyzed and resolved in minutes, not hours,” said Rob Sayre, Infrastructure Manager at Open Dealer Exchange. “Application-Aware Network Performance Monitoring provides fast problem identification and resolution that is critical in delivering high performance and quick response times for our customers. In addition to new application analysis features, the new Compuware APM mobile application provides our infrastructure team application performance alert status and report access from anywhere in the world, reducing the costly risk of performance issues and allowing Open Dealer Exchange to continue growth toward being a market leader.”
Compuware APM passively looks at the network and captures raw network data – i.e. latency, packet loss rate – with zero overhead and an easy deployment model. It provides measurements of VDI, WAN optimization, VoIP and delivers application-layer insight across key enterprise environments, including: Web protocols, SAP, Oracle, SQL, Citrix, Cerner, EPIC, Adobe, Microsoft SharePoint, LDAP and many more.
“Compuware is perhaps best known for its application performance management (APM) portfolio of solutions, but has considerable depth and heritage in Application-Aware Network Performance Monitoring technologies and solutions as well,” said Jim Frey, Vice President of Research at EMA. “In the EMA Radar Report for Application-Aware Network Performance Management 2013, Compuware’s solution garnered one of the higher overall scores in terms of design completeness, as a hybrid approach that draws data from both packet monitoring/analysis as well as NetFlow/xFlow records. The solution can also draw data from third-party sources, such as the Cisco Systems Network Analysis Module (NAM).”
“Our new solutions go above and beyond TCP and Flow-based data collection found in traditional monitoring. It is critical to incorporate the application layer intelligence only available via specialized analysis,” said Steve Tack, VP of Product Management for Compuware’s APM business unit. “By highlighting the relationship between application and network performance, we provide our customers with visibility into how the network contributes to the overall user experience. IT teams can now proactively address issues well before they become business problems.”
For more information on Compuware’s solution for Application-Aware Network Performance Monitoring, click here.
Compuware APM is the leader in a new generation of application performance management. Unlike traditional APM solutions that are heavy, difficult and reactive, Compuware APM is light, smart and proactive. Compuware APM is built to manage the complexity of today’s most challenging modern applications including mobile, cloud, big data and SOA. Compuware APM optimizes and monitors tens of thousands of applications for more than 4,000 customers, large and small, around the globe. Through the lens of end-user experience, our customers enjoy faster performance, proactive problem resolution, accelerated time-to-market and reduced application management costs through smarter analytics, advanced APM automation and a unique performance lifecycle foundation.
Compuware is recognized as a leader in the “Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring” report. To read more about Compuware’s leadership in the APM market, click here.
Follow Compuware APM on:
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, makes technology make a difference by providing software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world's most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites. Learn more at: http://www.compuware.com.
Kayla Siefker, Senior Public Relations Manager, Compuware APM Business Unit, email@example.com, 313-227-1402
Jackie Lucas, Warner Communications, 978-526-1960, Jackie@warnerpr.com
For Sales and Marketing Information
Compuware Corporation, One Campus Martius, Detroit, MI 48226, 800-521-9353, http://www.compuware.com