Learn More About Compuware Tools
How much do you know about Compuware tools? Probably a lot if you’re a customer, but there’s always room to learn more—especially when we’re continuously delivering enhancements and new Agile DevOps functionality to our product suite to help you become more productive and efficient.
To help you as a customer stay aware of the modern features available in your Compuware tools, and to help those who aren’t customers learn more about them, we started a new webcast series called “Did You Know?” Each month, our product experts from the field will break down the Compuware tools they know best, revealing some of the most beneficial components, best practices and design aspects you should, or could, be taking advantage of.
Ready to learn something new? Choose from the videos below and start watching.
The first in a monthly webcast series where we reveal everyday “Aha!” moments about Compuware products to help make your day easier.
During this brief webcast, Compuware Field Technical Services Solutions Consultant Dave Kartzman discusses how to use Fault Analytics. This core component of Abend-AID is used to identify trends and generate reports that enable sites to minimize the business impact of application abends and other faults. It manages problems in a whole new way!
In the third webcast of our monthly Compuware “Did You Know?” series, Compuware Field Technical Solutions Consultant Robin Fuller and Product Manager Kevin Corbett highlight the top 10 coolest features of File-AID’s Eclipse interface.
Features highlighted include:
- Perform host-to-host dataset copy
- Browse/edit VSAM files and DB2 tables simultaneously
- Search for data patterns across multiple files at once
- Allocate new datasets with ease
- Save and easily reuse File-AID/Eclipse requests
- Access graphical file compare results
- Perform easy hex editing of data
In the second installment of our monthly Compuware “Did You Know?” webcast series, Compuware Field Technical Solutions Consultant Ed Gannaway and Western Region Account Consultant Scott Smith discuss the evolution of Compuware’s Source Support. They begin with the original classic DDIO manner of providing Source Support in Compuware solutions, migrating through the next phase, which is to leverage Source Shared Directories, up to the most recent, Embedded Source Support. Transparent and easy to implement, Embedded Source Support:
- Removes the burden for the end user
- Eliminates the error-prone requirement of having to know DDIO names/locations
- Minimizes set up
- All but virtually eliminates the need for the SysProg to have to manage DDIO files, or SSD directories and databases
Embedded Source Support also gives the user immediate access to source support for Abend-AID, Strobe and Xpediter both in the TSO/3270 interface as well as within Compuware Topaz Workbench. Watch this short webcast to see how easy it is to enable effortless Source Support!
Account Consultant Bill Clayton, Solution Consultant Greg Lackey and Product Manager Irene Ford share tips and tricks for using the Compuware Test Data Privacy solution to create and secure realistic high quality test data.
- Simple data obfuscation
- Test data cleansing, masking and validation
- What differentiates Compuware from our competitors
- Dynamic obfuscation
- Modernized GUI with role based security and centralized controls
- Consistent test data privacy for mainframe and distributed applications