Changepoint Product Functionality
Changepoint’s PPM solution is designed to seamlessly integrate the critical processes and data needed for effective IT management. As no two IT organizations are exactly the same, Changepoint Project Portfolio Management is configurable to your specific needs. Changepoint PPM allows you to deploy a solution to support your organization’s unique reporting, business process and security needs.
Understanding the client’s perspective of their business is a powerful view. From the basics of knowing key contacts within each client organization to more sophisticated information gained from client scorecards that measure satisfaction across all services offered, IT leaders can leverage this information to communicate value back to their line-of-business colleagues and help set and guide objectives for their IT resources. Changepoint’s client collaboration tools include:
- activity tracking and status updates
- online collaboration and discussion forums
- client self-service and request initiation through a client portal
- client internal-activity histories
- measurement of client satisfaction across all interaction with IT.
Changepoint IT Project Portfolio Management provides automated and integrated capabilities for time reporting, allowing IT managers to view reports for expended hours by request, project, application, resource or client. Changepoint helps IT managers track actual costs and cross-charge line-of-business clients with:
- time tracking against both project and non-project work
- compliance measurement and reporting with automated reminders
- multi-level configurable approval workflow
- offline time reporting using a mobile device such as a smart phone.
By helping you accurately define, monitor and measure performance, Changepoint enhances the overall performance of your most valuable asset: your IT staff. Valuable performance metrics significantly improve your ability to provide targeted mentoring and training, detailed performance plans, and timely employee recognition and awards for jobs well done. Changepoint empowers employees to understand and take action guided by performance metrics that directly affect their continued success and the success of the IT organization as a whole with:
- predefined metrics in key areas such as time submission, task status and approval compliance
- individual and team-based employee performance results, visible through role-based portals
- integrated survey management capabilities to drive metrics that measure peer and client satisfaction.
Changepoint’s knowledge management functionality lets your organization create a corporate learning community where process, industry or customer-related knowledge is stored and searchable for easy sharing between key stakeholders. In addition, line-of-business collaboration is provided through a web-based client portal to facilitate information sharing, request submission and feedback opportunities. Additional capabilities include:
- document management with version control
- support for rich data types and full text searches
- topic subscription and notifications
- integration with third-party knowledge and collaboration products.
Changepoint provides a powerful web-based report designer, enabling IT executives and managers to produce and share detailed graphical, up-to-date reports with anyone in the organization. Changepoint delivers reports in real time for analysis with the most accurate information. Report specifications can be saved within your personal Changepoint portal for easy access and retrieval. Changepoint includes:
- more than 200 standard and accelerator reports
- customized reports that can be designed and run based on business needs, with an easy-to-use interface targeted at end users
- the ability to render information in portlets on role-based dashboards, ensuring effective communication to executive and line-of-business peers outside of IT.
Changepoint’s workflow management capabilities enable IT managers to define, automate and trace process workflows. Changepoint automates resource-intensive processes allowing you to define, implement, assign, execute and change workflows — delivering flexibility and repeatability to all IT work with:
- a web-based graphical design tool for creating simple or complex workflows
- visibility into workflow for participants
- notifications for workflow participation sent to the portal
- predefined workflow steps (such as approval, action or the issue of a survey) to build business process.
With survey management you can leverage integrated survey capabilities to gather information from subject matter experts; track and monitor client satisfaction continually with services levels at the team, system or individual resource level; and rate employees and teams on their performance. Survey management from Changepoint PPM also allows you to:
- gather qualitative information to support better decision making
- provide continuous feedback to employees on their performance
- track client satisfaction with applications, projects and services.