Synthetic monitoring solution to ensure a high-quality, uninterrupted delivery of streaming media to viewers worldwide
Gomez Synthetic Monitoring – Streaming (Gomez Streaming) helps ensure your users enjoy a high-quality, uninterrupted streaming media experience 24/7. An on-demand, software as a service (SaaS) solution, Gomez Streaming:
- replicates users requesting content from more than 50 locations across 25 countries that you choose
- provides deep insights, diagnostics and alerts on streaming performance and quality issues.
What makes Compuware Gomez Streaming unique?
Click on the images to enlarge
Most comprehensive streaming media support
Monitor the broadest range of streaming content, from the end-user perspective.
- Use the latest streaming content technologies with confidence.
- Supports Flash, Flash Dynamic Streaming, Apple HLS, QuickTime, Microsoft Silverlight and Silverlight Smooth Streaming, Windows Media, SHOUTcast and authenticated streams.
Quickly Find Issues that Contribute to Poor Streaming Performance
Optimize streaming performance and end-user experience.
- Compare multiple tests to detect degradation in performance over time.
- Event-level breakdown of content stream over time exposes slow startup and frequent rebuffers.
- Timing, data and trace routes help diagnose root cause.
Most accurate and actionable data and diagnostic detail
Find and fix problems quickly using waterfall charts, drill downs and easily understandable data.
- Chart captures play time from start to end to quickly expose issues that affect user experience.
- Technical data – including trace routes – helps diagnose root cause.
Deliver Superior End-user Experience by Optimizing Adaptive Streaming
Analyze how bitrate changes impact adaptive streaming performance.
- Chart the number of bitrate changes or the time spent at each bitrate, by test or location.
- Observe how bitrate changes impact streaming performance.
- Chart and compare bitrate changes across specific time periods to understand performance trends.
Deepest insights into adaptive streaming performance
Confidently use adaptive streaming technologies and optimize its performance for all your end users.
- Understand the impact that bitrate changes have on end-user experience.
- Observe and fix rapid bitrate switching or "flapping," to ensure a smooth, high-quality end-user experience.
- Set rate-limiting profiles to monitor adaptive streams across a range of bitrates.
Validate Streaming Performance Across All Regions
Quickly isolate root cause by geography or streaming content.
- Test the end-user experience from multiple locations.
- Isolate geographies that experience poor streaming performance.
- Identify what part of the time users spend waiting while streaming your content.
Largest global streaming monitoring network
Quickly identify and fix performance problems isolated to specific geographies or content.
- Monitor streaming performance from 50 locations across 25 countries.
- Pick locations to test from, based on the location of your viewers.