A one-second performance delay in ecommerce response time reduces conversions by 7 percent, according to a study conducted by the Aberdeen Group. For the $100,000/day ecommerce site, a one-second delay means $2.5 million in lost revenues in a year.
When it comes to important online retail transactions, such as adding items to a shopping cart, checking shipping costs, viewing product demonstrations and completing purchases — performance matters.
Ensuring great online customer experiences is more challenging today than ever before. Smartphones, tablets, and multiple browsers, coupled with native mobile applications, cloud computing and virtualization, makes it increasingly difficult to manage web and non-web application performance.
Competition is just a click away! Over 54 percent of people surveyed would abandon a retailer’s web site and shop somewhere else after one or two poor online experiences.
According to a recent 2011 Equation Research survey of almost 400 online eCommerce users:
- 3 out of 5 shoppers had a bad experience on a retail website during the past holiday season
- Over ½ (54%) would abandon a retailers website and shop somewhere else after 1 or 2 bad experiences
- 22% would turn to a competitor immediately
- 7 out of 10 online shoppers expect their online experience to be the same on their PC or on a mobile device
When your organization is unaware of the kind of experience that your customers are having with your institution, you are at a risk for:
- Poor customer satisfaction
- Potential loss of immediate revenue / customer lifetime revenue
- Lost opportunities to cross-sell or up-sell
- And most difficult to regain, a possible negative impact on your brand
How do you ensure a positive customer experience?
Understand Your Customers Retail Shopping Experience
Gain, Retain and Grow Your Customers Base, Increase Your Revenue and Protect Your Brand
Compuware’s Application Performance Management (APM) solution provides true end-to-end visibility and a unified view of application performance beyond the data center and firewall. It provides you with the industry’s only complete end-to-end troubleshooting, from your mobile shopper on a smart phone or iPad, through the Internet, to your company IT business operations.
Compuware’s APM solution works with, and incorporates data, from your existing monitoring tools. That is why more than 500 online retailers, like Amazon.com, Dell, Sears, Target and Best Buy rely on Compuware to ensure optimal performance of their retail application delivery chain. And why Compuware has been the #1 provider of web monitoring solutions to the top 500 US online retailers for the fifth consecutive year in a row (Source: Internet Retail Top 500 Guide 2011).
No other company offers this total visibility in an application performance management solution.
See Gartner's comprehensive 2012 "Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring (APM)" report. This report evaluates 14 vendors on their completeness of vision and ability to execute effective application performance monitoring.
- Gartner positions Compuware in the top corner of the "Leaders" quadrant
- Compuware leads on both completeness of vision and ability to execute