Gomez Synthetic Monitoring - Private Enterprise
Monitor Web Application Performance From Locations that You Specify: Rapidly Identify Performance Issues and their Impacts
Optimize the Level of Service Quality Delivered to Your End UsersGomez Synthetic Monitoring – Private Enterprise lets you measure the response times for critical business applications against established thresholds using “robot” workstations that execute synthetic, scripted transactions. The Gomez Private Enterprise monitoring agents represent predictable users in a known environment performing measurements at scheduled intervals from key locations. They allow IT operations to proactively discover performance issues before end users experience them.
Increasing application complexity adds to the challenge. While technologies such as virtualization, thin client, service-oriented architecture (SOA) and legacy modernization promise tremendous benefits, they act as “black boxes” when it comes to application performance. The end-user perspective becomes the only reliable source for true service-quality measurement.
Lack of visibility into the end-user experience leads to:
- service delivery that does not meet customer expectations
- a reactive approach to service management
- the inability of IT to effectively report and communicate with business customers.
Why Use Gomez Synthetic Monitoring – Private Enterprise?
Gomez Private Enterprise monitoring robots, or agents, use scripts or sequences of operation calls to measure performance and availability of key business transactions based on the demands of IT. Gomez Private Enterprise:
- isolates a specific method or process in place among many other processes running in a key application, in addition to removing the natural human element in cases where the user can be responsible for added application “think time”
- provides invaluable troubleshooting and fault domain isolation practices
- plays back scripted transactions, including all of the screen, keyboard and mouse interactions exactly as they were recorded initially to ensure accuracy
- proves how end-user response time performed and verifies whether recorded transactions realistically simulate actual user behavior.
Synthetic Monitoring – Private Enterprise lets you:
- measure and monitor objective and repeatable performance data available 24/7
- learn of performance degradation in advance
- measure availability 24/7
- continually collect controlled measurements.
How Gomez Synthetic Monitoring – Private Enterprise Works
The Gomez Private Enterprise agents execute synthetic, scripted transactions to measure business-critical applications including both packaged applications (SAP, Oracle Forms, Siebel, Cerner Millennium, etc.) and internally developed custom applications.
Gomez Private Enterprise agents monitor the performance and availability of:
- any Windows client-server applications with a graphical interface, independent of the underlying protocol
- Citrix-based applications
- network protocol messages used to connect the client to the server
- applications over the network (open TCP socket, bind to LDAP server, etc.).
For government agencies, financial institutions and other customers where security is of the utmost concern, Gomez Private Enterprise provides all reporting and dashboards behind the firewall, where measurement data never leaves your premises.