Reducing Change Management Risk: Will Your Applications Perform After Changes Are Made?
IT operations teams continually face application and infrastructure change requests — from large-scale projects to small patch requests. Meeting these requests responsively requires IT teams to fully understand how changes impact application performance and the end-user experience. Change management has increasingly become more challenging because of the evolving complexity of the application delivery chain.
Two recent research studies show:
- Nearly half (49 percent) of major network outages are caused by procedural errors (Network Reliability Steering Committee).
- In sixty-two percent of cases, enterprise application downtime was the result of human error (Yankee Group).
IT and infrastructure changes are a fact of life, but if they are not managed carefully these changes can lead to service outages, downtime and poor customer experiences.
With the Compuware APM Platform, companies can reduce their change management risks by proactively:
- baselining performance before and after infrastructure upgrades
- finding issues across all application infrastructure tiers
- identifying problems in pre-production and production environments prior to customers or end-users complaining
- continually measuring performance impact on end users
- monitoring the availability and performance of key transactions after implementing changes
- reducing the mean time to resolve (MTTR) issues to increase user productivity and satisfaction.
Successfully implementing changes within an organization’s IT infrastructure requires understanding baselines and validating performance after changes are implemented across the different geographies of your business. To ensure change management success — and reduce the risk of unplanned downtime and the associated brand damage it causes — you need visibility into end-user performance.
Compuware APM Change Management Solutions
Monitoring infrastructure change doesn’t have to be difficult. With Compuware, you can use:
Compuware dynaTrace Enterprise Solutions
Compuware dynaTrace Enterprise is an on-premises solution that starts with an EUE-driven application performance management (APM) approach to transform how Web and non-Web business-critical applications are monitored, managed and optimized throughout their lifecycle. dynaTrace uniquely monitors all transactions, 24x7, from user click to line of code, isolates performance issues and optimizes user's experiences to improve IT efficiency and maximize business results.
Compuware Gomez Cloud Solutions
Compuware Gomez is the industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution for optimizing the performance and availability of web, mobile, streaming and cloud applications. Gomez is the only SaaS APM solution that integrates real user and synthetic monitoring, providing unparalleled insight into end user experience. Combined with our 360 degree web load testing, Gomez proactively detects performance issues, quantifies the impact performance has on end-user experience and business results, and isolates performance problems down to the exact line of code.
“Average resolution times have dropped from 20 minutes to about five. With four call centers employing 500 people and the web handling thousands of inquiries, any downtime is a big hit for us. Even 10 minutes impacts our revenue. So, for us, the value of these new solutions is literally priceless.”
— Jeff Fields, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, SafeAuto