Key Gomez Server Monitoring Features and Capabilities
Gomez Server Monitoring combines progressive monitoring technologies with comprehensive reporting capabilities all in a single solution:
- agent-based and agentless monitoring technologies extensive support:
- Applications: SAP, J2EE, WebLogic, WebSphere, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Microsoft Exchange and IIS, Lotus Notes
- Servers: Sun, HP, AIX, Linux, Compaq, Windows 2000/2003 and Novell Netware
- Database: Oracle, DB2, Sybase and Microsoft SQL Server
- extensive support for Microsoft Windows, including Microsoft Exchange, IIS and .NET servers, Active Directory services and cluster-server monitoring
- automatic exception notifications and pre-defined recommendations via paging, e-mail or SNMP alerts to third-party framework products
- historical and real-time event analysis
- high-level views of server performance, utilization and workload
- intelligent functionality such as wildcarding and blackout capabilities
- web-based central management console for role-relevant application performance management reporting
- predefined templates of key performance indicators: top CPU/memory users, log file analysis/error checking, database/SQL statistics, service/process availability, connection up/down, average download time and URL content/connectivity
- mapping functionality that links service levels to organizational roles across any other Gomez solutions.
Why Use Gomez Server Monitoring?
With Gomez Server Monitoring, IT managers and administrators can work proactively to control their environments and leverage resources to:
Resolve problems automatically.
Gomez lets you anticipate and alleviate potential performance problems before they even happen. It automatically responds to alerts with preventive and corrective actions, such as re-establishing a network connection or restarting an application.
Reduce system operation costs.
Gomez saves you time and costs in troubleshooting by getting the right people the information they need to resolve problems fast. Gomez Server Monitoring offers intelligent functionality to help operators quickly configure, deploy and change server-monitoring tasks and rules.
Manage application service without impacting the infrastructure.
Administrators can collect performance data on all application components — web servers, firewalls, application servers, file systems, databases, middleware and operating systems — using Gomez agent-based or agentless technology. Nonintrusive agents and collectors are strategically placed throughout the infrastructure to deliver autonomous monitoring. Gomez agentless technology monitors performance remotely without installing a physical agent on a target machine.
Communicate business value.
Gomez provides high-level views of server performance, utilization and workload that help you align IT initiatives with business initiatives to communicate server performance clearly, consistently and in terms the business understands.